Category Archives: Uncategorized
Please save the date for the upcoming year’s SU meetings, which take place Monday evenings once a month at Floris Elementary School cafeteria!
- September 12, 2016
- October 17, 2016
- November 14, 2016
- December 5, 2016 – NO MEETING, SU 51-7 Winter Service Project and SHARE Spaghetti Dinner
- January 9, 2017
- February 13, 2017
- March 13, 2017 – NO MEETING, SU 51-7 Bingo Night, Chili Cook-Off Contest, Cake Raffle and Silent Auction
- April 3, 2017
- May 8, 2017
- June 12, 2017
The Annual SU 51-7 Bridging & Recognitions Ceremony will take place on Sunday, June 4, 2017, hosted by Troop 8, at Heritage Fellowship Church: 2501 Fox Mill Road, Reston, VA 20191.
DATE: Monday, December 5, 2016 (in lieu of the SU Meeting)
TIME: 6:00pm to 8:00pm
LOCATION: Floris Elementary School Cafeteria
All Girl Scouts from SU 51-7, and members of their immediate families, are invited to attend the SU 51-7 Annual Winter Service Project & SHARE Spaghetti Dinner!
More details to come!
In conjunction with the Service Project, we will host a Family Spaghetti Dinner to raise money for SHARE. The dinner will include noodles, a variety of sauces, bread roles, dessert and beverages. We will serve the dinner in the Floris Cafeteria. All girl scout families are invited to enjoy the dinner. We will be selling food tickets at the event for $5 per person ($20 maximum per family) for those of you who wish to eat. All proceeds from the food tickets will go to SHARE.
We will need volunteers to help plan and execute these two activities: both the dinner and the project. We will also be asking for donated items. Contact Tina Anderson as soon as possible if would like to join the planning committee.
A Google Docs registration link will be emailed out to all troop leaders so families may sign up, online, to attend and order their patches.
Junior Troop 2507 visited the NBC4 TV station in DC recently and met meteorologist Tom Keirein, who posted this picture of himself and the girls on the air! The visit was part the troop’s Journey project “Get Moving” and learning about weather and different types of natural energy.
Do you have troop news that you’d like posted on the SU 51-7 website? Please send an email with details and photo (must have parents sign photo waiver) to theresehowe (at) hotmail (dot) com
Girl Scouts who are in 10th to 12 grade are needed Saturdays in September and October to assist at the Centreville, Virginia Girl Scout Shop from 9:45 am-1:15 pm. Earn Council hours toward Silver Trefoil, Girl Scout volunteer hours or get some retail experience.
• 10th -12th grader
• Has a SR/AMB Vest or Sash to wear along with slacks, capris, or skirt (can be jeans as long as they are presentable; i.e. no holes/torn, etc.)
• Is comfortable talking with adults and assisting them with purchases such as what items are needed for uniforms (pins, Council ID, insignia tab, troop numbers, etc.) for all levels of Scouting (Daisy, Brownie, Junior and Teen scouts)
• Is familiar with the GS program and can answer basic questions about the program levels including Journey and the Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting books
• Can lift boxes of merchandise and re-stock shelves with direction
• Wants to earn Council Silver Trefoil hours, GS volunteer hours or obtain retail experience
• Is enthusiastic about Scouting and willing to share her love of scouting with others!
Contact shop manager Susan Blair at SusanDBlair@aol.com to reserve your spot.