DATE: Monday, December 7, 2015 (in lieu of the SU Meeting)
TIME: 6:00pm to 8:00pm
LOCATION: Floris Elementary School Cafeteria
All Girl Scouts from SU 51-7, and members of their immediate families, are invited to attend the SU 51-7 Annual Winter Service Project & SHARE Spaghetti Dinner!
This year, we will be decorating and filling boxes with new baby items to deliver to the Department of Family Services (Children, Youth and Families Division), in Fairfax, VA. They are in need of these boxes to be made with the littlest members of their families in mind. Baby Boxes for newborns ages 0-6 months should include:
• Receiving blankets
• Learning toys
In conjunction with the Service Project, we will host a Family Spaghetti Dinner to raise money for SHARE. The dinner will include noodles, a variety of sauces, bread roles, dessert and beverages. We will serve the dinner in the Floris Cafeteria, after the boxes have been completed. All girl scout families are invited to enjoy the dinner. We will be offering food tickets at the event for a small, suggested donation of $5 per person ($20 maximum per family) for those of you who wish to eat. All proceeds from the offering of food tickets will go to SHARE.
We will need volunteers to help plan and execute these two activities: both the dinner and the project. We will also be asking for donated items. Contact Tina Anderson as soon as possible if would like to join the planning committee.
A Google Docs registration link will be emailed out to all troop leaders so families may sign up, online, to attend and order their patches.
Junior Troop 2507 visited the NBC4 TV station in DC recently and met meteorologist Tom Keirein, who posted this picture of himself and the girls on the air! The visit was part the troop’s Journey project “Get Moving” and learning about weather and different types of natural energy.
Do you have troop news that you’d like posted on the SU 51-7 website? Please send an email with details and photo (must have parents sign photo waiver) to theresehowe (at) hotmail (dot) com
Girl Scouts who are in 10th to 12 grade are needed Saturdays in September and October to assist at the Centreville, Virginia Girl Scout Shop from 9:45 am-1:15 pm. Earn Council hours toward Silver Trefoil, Girl Scout volunteer hours or get some retail experience.
• 10th -12th grader
• Has a SR/AMB Vest or Sash to wear along with slacks, capris, or skirt (can be jeans as long as they are presentable; i.e. no holes/torn, etc.)
• Is comfortable talking with adults and assisting them with purchases such as what items are needed for uniforms (pins, Council ID, insignia tab, troop numbers, etc.) for all levels of Scouting (Daisy, Brownie, Junior and Teen scouts)
• Is familiar with the GS program and can answer basic questions about the program levels including Journey and the Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting books
• Can lift boxes of merchandise and re-stock shelves with direction
• Wants to earn Council Silver Trefoil hours, GS volunteer hours or obtain retail experience
• Is enthusiastic about Scouting and willing to share her love of scouting with others!
Contact shop manager Susan Blair at SusanDBlair@aol.com to reserve your spot.
Here is what you need to know about the new specialty cookie being offered for sale this coming season:
- Gluten-free Toffee-tastics will sell for $5.00 per box.
- Troop proceeds will be the same for all cookies varieties.
- Toffee-tastic will not be on the girl order card so will only be available for direct door-to-door and booth sales .
- Toffee-tastic will not be stocked in cupboards .
- Orders are placed by the case.
To have Toffee-tastic inventory for 2016, the ONE TIME ONLY Troop orders for Toffee-tastic must be submitted before September 25, 2015 .
Cookies will be delivered with your initial order and will be listed as “Other” cookies in eBudde by council. They will be calculated for in the second ACH payment cycle.
Link to submit your Toffee-tastic order: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NatCaps2016TroopToffeeTasticOrder
Click below to download a flyer with more information:
UPDATE SEPTEMBER 2015: All forms are now located back on the GSCNC website rather than spread out in different rallies. Please click on the link below to access that page.
Looking for the most up-to-date forms? Here is the link to forms and documents on GSCNC website: http://www.gscnc.org/en/for-volunteers/online-support-for-volunteers/forms.html
At the top of that page you’ll find the most frequently accessed forms, such as permission forms, medical authorization forms and Troop Overnight and Travel Approval.
For more forms, click on the “Options” link below and you’ll get an expanded list of forms. You can use the search function to find a specific form.
On this page you’ll also find downloadable links to:
We’ve created a new Forms tab on this site so you have quicker access to the forms you need – check it out!