Girl Scouts who are in 10th to 12 grade are needed Saturdays in September and October to assist at the Centreville, Virginia Girl Scout Shop from 9:45 am-1:15 pm. Earn Council hours toward Silver Trefoil, Girl Scout volunteer hours or get some retail experience.
• 10th -12th grader
• Has a SR/AMB Vest or Sash to wear along with slacks, capris, or skirt (can be jeans as long as they are presentable; i.e. no holes/torn, etc.)
• Is comfortable talking with adults and assisting them with purchases such as what items are needed for uniforms (pins, Council ID, insignia tab, troop numbers, etc.) for all levels of Scouting (Daisy, Brownie, Junior and Teen scouts)
• Is familiar with the GS program and can answer basic questions about the program levels including Journey and the Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting books
• Can lift boxes of merchandise and re-stock shelves with direction
• Wants to earn Council Silver Trefoil hours, GS volunteer hours or obtain retail experience
• Is enthusiastic about Scouting and willing to share her love of scouting with others!
Contact shop manager Susan Blair at SusanDBlair@aol.com to reserve your spot.
Here is what you need to know about the new specialty cookie being offered for sale this coming season:
- Gluten-free Toffee-tastics will sell for $5.00 per box.
- Troop proceeds will be the same for all cookies varieties.
- Toffee-tastic will not be on the girl order card so will only be available for direct door-to-door and booth sales .
- Toffee-tastic will not be stocked in cupboards .
- Orders are placed by the case.
To have Toffee-tastic inventory for 2016, the ONE TIME ONLY Troop orders for Toffee-tastic must be submitted before September 25, 2015 .
Cookies will be delivered with your initial order and will be listed as “Other” cookies in eBudde by council. They will be calculated for in the second ACH payment cycle.
Link to submit your Toffee-tastic order: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NatCaps2016TroopToffeeTasticOrder
Click below to download a flyer with more information:
UPDATE SEPTEMBER 2015: All forms are now located back on the GSCNC website rather than spread out in different rallies. Please click on the link below to access that page.
Looking for the most up-to-date forms? Here is the link to forms and documents on GSCNC website: http://www.gscnc.org/en/for-volunteers/online-support-for-volunteers/forms.html
At the top of that page you’ll find the most frequently accessed forms, such as permission forms, medical authorization forms and Troop Overnight and Travel Approval.
For more forms, click on the “Options” link below and you’ll get an expanded list of forms. You can use the search function to find a specific form.
On this page you’ll also find downloadable links to:
We’ve created a new Forms tab on this site so you have quicker access to the forms you need – check it out!
Smithsonian’s Folklife Festival
The Smithsonian Institution is in need of volunteers to help run our precedent-setting composting and recycling program for the Smithsonian’s Folklife Festival, June 24–28 and July 1–5.Volunteers will tend Resource Recovery stations positioned at 11 points within the Festival grounds during the day and 3 different stations during the evening concerts. Volunteers will be asked to guide the public in placing their recyclables and compostable trash into the proper receptacles. Material categories will be Landfill, Recycling, and Compostable Organics.
Volunteers will be provided with information to convey to the public about the Smithsonian’s recycling/composting effort and why it is important. Volunteers will also need to pull bags when full and replace liners at these stations. The recovery stations will have chairs and tents to provide shade and comfort to volunteers.
How to Apply: Visit our website at www.festival.si.edu/volunteer and follow the link to the application. There you will fill out a form so we can get all your information and this will create a volunteer account for you. After that you will need to sign into your account and go to the AVAILABLE OPPURTUNITIES tab, located in the top left corner of the screen and there you can apply for specific volunteer jobs that you are interested in performing (such as Sustainability) on the specific days you would like to volunteer.
If you have questions please contact Becky Squire, volunteer coordinator for the Smithsonian Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage CFCH-Volunteer@si.edu or (202)633-6467
Fairfax Department of Family Services
The Children, Youth and Families Division is in need of boxes to be made with the littlest members of our families in mind. Baby Boxes for newborns ages 0-6 months should include:
· Receiving blankets
· Learning toys
· Anything you might want to add…
For more info, contact:
Krissa Slone, MSW l Director of Volunteer and Partner Services
Department of Family Services
Children, Youth and Families Division